Monday, January 25, 2016

Antique Pocket Watch & Inspirational Saying - What Next?

Antique pocket watches are becoming harder and harder to find. I lucked into two of these pocket watches when my father-in-law passed two down to my youngest child. Apparently, this is something that is super important in my husband's family and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a few pics of them.

And, if you are a photographer or know a photographer, then, you know that it's not only hard to pass up taking these photos, it's hard not to share what you've taken so the world can see.

Another thing about me is that I love motivational quotes, inspirational sayings, bible verses, and whatever else falls into that category. I even started my own Facebook Page just to share inspirational photos with sayings from people across the globe!

As I suited up to head outside into our first blizzard of 2016, I wasn't sure exactly how I was going to get the image I wanted, but it actually didn't take too long. I started out with the pocket watch in the snow by itself with nothing else and since we had a foot or more of snow, it wasn't hard to do :)

Below was my first image. I liked it, but thought it looked more 'lonesome' than inspiring and motivational. I may still use it, but decided on the bottom image instead.



Here is the image I chose with the bible verse "To every thing there is a season". It's found in Ecclesiastes 3:1 kjv. I thought it was fitting with it being mid-winter, a blizzard, and the hope of spring on the way. 

Also, it does bring to mind that time passes, seasons change, and time heals all (well, most) wounds. 

Below is the image that made the cut and believe me there were quite a few as I kept changing positions, using trees as backgrounds, stumps, firewood, and even the sky. The pocket watch is sitting on top of a piece of unsplit firewood covered in snow with the sky in the background. The sky was actually full of colors (especially oranges and pinks) during this time, but I felt it took away from the watch itself. 

Let me know what you think and which one you like in the comments below! I'd love to hear from you <3


Feel free to share, reblog, repost, etc. just remember to keep the link back here intact please! It helps more people see my stuff which I love!!! Thanks!



Until next time, keep shooting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment